People and business around the word use plastic every day, from the keyboard you’re typing on to advanced medical devices- plastic and rubber products are everywhere and they come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes. The companies who make the products we use every day need a system that will support their unique needs, help them balance costs, increase time to market, reduce waste, respond to change, and run a profitable business. The right rubber and plastics ERP can make that happen, but selecting the right system is easier said than done.
When manufacturers select the right system, a system designed for their industry, the benefits are enormous, such as:
- Better visibility into operations which allows businesses to remove uncessary processes to run a leaner, more cost effective plant.
- Improved planning, procurement, and customer service.
- Stronger control and better management of overall operational costs.
- Reduce waste throughout the supply chain
- Increase efficiencies through automation such as accounts receivable management, compliance, collaboration, and more.
- Increase global presence and competition.
On the other side of things, implementing the wrong software can lead to costly workarounds, increased inefficiencies, unhappy customers, and much more. While there are many ERP for plastics and rubber manufacturing options available on the market, we highly suggest Epicor ERP with advanced features and functions including:
- Embedded Scheduling and Advanced Planning and Scheduling functionality designed to help you meet your customers’ demands.
- Material requirements planning (MRP) tools help manage the ever-increasing array of plastics that you work on.
- Epicor MRP tools can forecast parts requirements, adjust production as forecasts change, and generate suggested purchase orders to fill anticipated gaps in your raw material inventory.
- Closely manage the costing of each production run, including part-based and run-based reporting.
- A fully integrated real-time Manufacturing Execution System (Mattec MES) specifically designed for Rubber & Plastics manufacturers.
- Automatic production and scrap reporting, operational scheduling and in-cycle process parameter monitoring of things such as heat, pressure, etc. to improve product quality.
- Epicor Social Enterprise brings together contributions from across the organization and the value chain and supports a collaborative environment for improved quality and innovation to reduce costs in this competitive industry.
- Embedded robust quality management provides a foundation for meeting product quality standards and cost reductions across your entire enterprise.
- Supports stringent traceability requirements for serial and/or lot controls and component manufacturer identification.
- Complete visibility with a comprehensive end-to-end solution containing embedded dashboards.
Readyto learn more? take a virtual tour of Epicor ERP or learn more about how to select the right ERP for Plastics and Rubber Manufacturering in the white paper below.