Every business, regardless of size or industry, has to think about collaboration because working effectively with internal employees, external suppliers, and with customers it is critical to quickly respond to change, create new products, serve customers, improve product margins, support continuous improvement, and build relationships. Collaboration is not easy though and according to recent research by Aberdeen Group, the two biggest road blocks are having data silos (46%) and a lack of infrastructures and tools that aid the collaboration process (37%). In recent years, ERP vendors have focused in on these particular problems to help companies work better together. Here are 13 ways businesses are increasing effective collaboration with Epicor ERP and Epicor Social Enterprise (ESE), an embedded network feature in Epicor ERP 10 designed to support information exchange across your business.
Conversation inspires innovation, which is why collaboration has become increasingly important in enterprise software. Here are a few of the many ways Epicor ERP version 10 enables fast and effective collaboration
- Simply share updates with colleagues, business partners and even customers or suppliers from within the application or using email.
- Respond quickly Ad-hoc collaboration using “Crowdsourcing”
- Mobile users can easily interact with the ERP from the road whether they are checking the status of a requisition or communicating with a colleague around an open service activity.
- Set up Formalized Groups or Virtual teams
- Collaborate around orders, customers, suppliers, configurations, projects or any other business object within your ERP.
- Easily track information about an order as it progresses from a lead all the way until payment is received in a dedicated stream available within your ERP solution or within a separate portal.
- Use social collaboration tools to the workplace, using techniques established in social networks to allow our customers to quickly share and consume information from deep within their ERP. For example, the business knowledge bases can be searched or accessed from within the ERP or using Epicor Enterprise Search or Hashtags.
- Mine and share critical information contained within an ERP system to resolve challenges, react to changes, and leverage opportunities.
- Remove the silos that form around departments and allows an organization to leverage the full capability of all its employees.
- Exchange messages/ideas with other Epicor Social Enterprise users.
- Interact internally and externally with customers and suppliers across the supply chain
- Choose other users to follow, automatically receiving their message stream.
- Leverage standard message notifications or build your own to know exactly when an important event occurs.
How can you use these features in a real-world setting? According to Aberdeen’s research, best in class companies who use social ERP use it to:
- 48% use social ERP to enable real-time collaboration across departments- sales and accounting for example.
- 48% also use it to annotate, share, and collaborate on reports or visuals in real-time
- 61% use it to gain insight from reports and views
- 61% use it to support continuous improvement initiatives by utilizing cross-functional teams.
Considering Epicor ERP for Your Business? Try our Epicor ERP ROI Calculator
Does social ERP truly work? The same research study from Aberdeen found that companies who implement ERP systems with social features are able to recognize benefits such as:
- 2X the improvement in profit margins in a two-year period than organizations without Social ERP
- Reduced time to decision
- Decrease cycle time for key processes
- Have more employees exceeding performance metrics
- Increase internal schedule compliance