Yesterday, October 7, 2013, Epicor Software Corporation, publishers of Epicor 9 ERP and other business solutions, announced that the company has a new president and CEO. The new president and CEO, Joseph Cowan, has a significant amount of executive experience and the technology industry and is fully prepared to fill the shoes of Pervez Qureshi who will be stepping down and leaving his position of director of the Epicor board of directors to explore a new path.
In a recent release, a member of the Board of Directors of Epicor ERP announced how happy they are to welcome Cowan saying,
“We are very pleased that Joe Cowan has joined Epicor as its new CEO and will be leading the company in its next phase of growth. Joe is a proven executive and strong leader who is highly respected within the technology industry. He possesses outstanding strategic vision and exceptional commercial and operational skills having led a number of major software companies to new levels of growth and profitability.”
Some of Cowan’s credentials and past experience include:
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering from Auburn University
- M.S. in Engineering from Arizona State University.
- President and CEO of a leading provider of online banking and full-service payment solutions.
- CEO of Interwoven, Inc., a global leader in content management software,
- A variety of leadership roles at Manugistics, EXE Technologies and Invensys/Baan.
In the press release, the board also thanked Qureshi for his commitment to the company over the years and helping the company through a tough time. They wish him the best in his new venture. “We thank Pervez for all that he has accomplished over the past two years and wish him well as he pursues new opportunities.”