We recently conducted (and recorded) an ERP webinar which discusses the many steps effectively evaluating ERP business applications. This is a heavily blogged about topic, but this webinar goes beyond the generalities found in most articles and digs into detailed tips for evaluating ERP vendors and products to ensure that the product technology, functionality, and total cost of ownership will meet your current and future needs. This webinar recording is designed to provide C-level executives and financial and information technology executives with an overview of the ERP evaluation process to help guide current and future ERP evaluations within their organizations.
The very first step involved in ERP evaluation and selection is to find out what you have today. Only then can you decide what you need in the future. Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- What are your business needs now and future? What are your critical business processes internally and externally?
- Are you using the most recent version of your ERP? What are the capabilities of your existing software – functionally and technologically?
- What are the gaps in your business processes and your ERP capabilities? What is the impact on your business?
- What third party products are available? Are you using the software effectively? Can you improve the system with custom development?
Additional topics discussed in the recording below include:
- ERP assessment process & tips
- Sticking with your current ERP
- Knowing when it’s time to move on
- How to evaluate contenders and create a list of options
- How to whittle that list down to the top systems
- The short list evaluation process
- Final selection
- What to do next.
We have a number of other resources availablesuch as our ERP evaluation templates, more ERP selection best practices, product demonstrations, spec sheets, and more in our ERP Resource Center. Click below to get started.