Businesses of today are under increasing pressure to do more with less, buy more with less, optimize processes, and quickly attain success. To do that, your ERP system needs to be up to the challenge. The truth is, no publisher out there has an ERP system that will give every company exactly what they need right from the get-go, and Sage is no different. Luckily there are developers out there who can help you extend Sage ERP to give you the edge you’re looking for. With such a large and engaged community, Sage Users have many options when it comes to selecting an ERP partner and solutions to extend Sage ERP; but with so many choices, how do you choose the right ERP partner? and what type of solutions are available to you? Below are a few suggestions to help you make confident decisions on both fronts.
How to find the right ERP partner: Ask yourself the following questions while evaluating your options.
- Does the potential partner have a respected name in the industry? Look for testimonials and awards or recognition they’ve been given by the publisher or the ERP community for their work.
- Are they experienced in your particular industry? Look for testimonials, read case studies, and ask the company for references if you are far enough along in the process.
- How long have they been a part of the Sage community? You are not a Sage ERP expert, so your ERP partner must be. Make sure you are working with a partner you can trust and whose experience with Sage solutions can help you take your business to the next level.
- Does the company offer multiple applications, add-ons, and solutions for your industry? Do they integrate with Sage ERP? While you may not need them now, you might in the future and working with one partner will make life much easier as you add functionality to your system. Ask about their offering of applications, 3rd party products, training, and other such questions to be sure the relationship and the solutions will be beneficial now and in the future.
- What does their maintenance program look like? A good ERP partner will make sure their customers always have access to the most recent versions of the software. Be sure to take a good look at the prospective developers update and upgrade frequency.
- Are they available? While you want a partner with a significant amount of customers, evidence that they are experienced and well-liked, you do not want a partner who is too busy for you and your projects. Be sure to find the right balance, bigger companies are not always better companies to work with.
What are your cloud application options?
As long-time Sage partners, developers, and members of the Sage community, we have an intimate knowledge of Sage ERP systems; but more importantly, we know Sage users and their needs. To this end, we’ve developed cloud business applications that extend Sage ERP to help you increase productivity and profitability by allowing you to take full advantage of the many benefits cloud computing has to offer through thoughtfully designed applications by trusted Sage Partners.
Learn more about our cloud business applications in the SlideShare presentation below and how they can extend Sage ERP to help you make the most out of your ERP investment.